It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:22 am 

Head Hunter

Great Job guys! Thanks for subbing Deaf :D

I'm a good healer!

Kraken riding a Dragon

"What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest."

-Random Post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:05 am 

Officer
Toons: Spirulina

Grats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:38 am 

Peon

Grats!

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/285.html
Throw the turkey into the sea of senselessness

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:54 am 

Head Hunter

Our strat in a nutshell:

2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 dps. We would never have beaten enrage with 3 healers.

All dps, including melee, removed stacks at 8-10. This was very important or the Celestial protectors annihilation ability would have most likely one shot them...over very close to it.

We rotated tanks on every add spawn: the tank who started each phase would grab the first Celestial Protector.

We had a very specific cd rotation for dealing with exploding adds and b/c of the amount of time between phases with celestial protectors spawning they were always up. We used our cd's in the following order:

1. Tranquility
2. Power Word: Barrier
3. Devo Aura

All of our shaman ran with ancestral guidance. Reason is simple: its healing scales with damage dealt and you deal 50% more damage and the boss will take increasing damage throughout the fight making this talent far more powerful than the other two for this encounter.

For Draw Power: our goal was to down 4 waves of orbs each time. We broke the raid into two groups, left group and right group(we oriented the groups in raid frames as well to maximize group based heals such as prayer of healing) each with 1 tank, 1 heals and 3 dps. Healers only healed their assigned group. Each dps was assigned to kill 1 orb and after they kill their orb they could go help if another orb needed some help dying. Tanks were partnered with a dps on one orb that may have a more difficult time than others. Dps called out if they were going to have trouble downing their orb. Also, dps cleared their stacks after EVERY orb wave. We found if we did not down at least 7 waves of orbs before the last phase, we would not either beat enrage or survive long enough from the boss' aoe.

For the outside phase, we had our orb phase groups stick to their respective sides. Using the dias near the front of the room as a focal point, one dps on each side solo'd the farthest Pillar while the other two kill the one closest to the dias, the dps would then converge on the center pillar. After the pillars died, everyone would run to the dias so that one assigned tank could grab all of the adds. The add tank will have to use a big damage cd to survive, even with Guardian of the Ancient Kings up, I was getting hit hard. The other tank would run in and grab elegon as soon as the platform respawned so he would not deathgrip us in.

Last phase: we stacked up, rotated healing cd's and lusted after the adds died. Dex and I swapped after he basically ran out of cd's to use.

I'm a good healer!

Kraken riding a Dragon

"What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest."

-Random Post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:07 am 

Shaman
Toons: Bulldexter Puon

Those adds hit harder than the boss, u got my vigilance and was still getting owned.

The video will be up tomorrow morning. I'm traveling and I may have some time tonight to edit and render it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:07 am 

Head Hunter

andredex wrote:
Those adds hit harder than the boss, u got my vigilance and was still getting owned.

The video will be up tomorrow morning. I'm traveling and I may have some time tonight to edit and render it.

Yes and thank god we didn't get many more or it would have been really bad.

I would like to mention that for this fight, glyph of the battle healer and using seal of insight as a prot pally seem to be nearly mandatory =/ so much raid damage. Don't use Glyph of Divine Protection, you'll die from magic damage long before you die from a melee strike making it fairly useless. Divine purpose is godly on this fight. I used it to put out a fair amount of raid heals when I wasn't using my holy power for other things.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-djpjw7i94nzmbxva/spell/130551/?s=8744&e=9304

I did it mostly on the orb phases, generating holy power and helping putts keep our group alive. Since Deaf could mostly take care of our orb, I didn't use much of my holy power on shield of the righteous at that time and used it to help out our healer. I love divine purpose...lol

I'm a good healer!

Kraken riding a Dragon

-Random Post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:36 pm 

Peon

Atonement healing during the orb phase was a challenge (borderline impossible), everyone was so spread out that they were well out of the 15 yard range so I really needed to get my evangelism stacks on the boss during the break in between orb spawns. Having a good rotation on mana cds was essential for me because i was having to blow big heals on vyn when he got all the adds gathered up during the transition phase. I had to save my biggest mana cd for the final burn phase because going into that phase with at least 40% mana was a must for me or there would be no way I could keep people alive long enough to burn him down.

We had several wipes on my account because I was attempting disc for the first time in a raid setting, however, given our particular comp with a druid heals the switch was needed in order to keep tanks alive. Plus barrier is a pretty powerful cd for the final burn phase.

Hopefully Vyn will stop trying to tank with spirit flasks and I can stop pretending to be a disc healer (cuz im terrible at it).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:46 pm 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

Great job team!

Keep that progress up! Someone has to! :)

Yay Crossbones!

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:35 am 

Officer

grats

[[Cross:Wudang:Matahari:Crosshairs:Trevark]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:35 am 

Peon
Toons: Deafdealer

im just saying, everytime i sub for you guys its a new boss down..

dont know, maybe im good luck

;D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:52 pm 
Peon

It's because our love can overcome anything deaf ;)

WHAT IS LOVE??...