PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:37 pm 

Officer
Toons: Spirulina

Let's see if this works!

Post subject: Re: Parabellum's App
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:15 pm 

Officer

Hi, I’m Edward. I’m 33 years old from Charlotte, NC. I’m a IT Systems Engineer by day, and gamer by night. I’ve been playing wow for 14 years now raiding in guilds as high as blood legion to casual on kargath-us. I’m now at the point the best guild on kargath is lacking in attendance and players slacking in dps that we are hitting walls and I am pushing to get 12/12M before Shadowlands.
I’m big into other games all the time but enjoy wow still, only recently picking it back up right when Covid hit. I played mage (yes all 3 spec’s) for 13 of the 14 years with only recently coming back to say ‘I wanna do something I’ve never done before’. I’ve never healed…so I wanted to learn it. I also read which healer was the worse and it was monk/shaman so I choose the shaman and here I am today. In our raid logs, I’m constantly in the 90k dps on every pull cause storm ele go brrrrr, and when I heal I’m up there too as long as a disc priest isn’t around. Ranking wise, I’m roughly around the 70-85% on kills which puts me in the running for decent shaman. A lot of it comes down to guild execution to help with rankings and if the pull is a 2 people alive, and we kill it the ranks gonna look awful. But anyone here who reviews and understands logs understands what I just said too
I’m only 3 pieces from needing just carapace and n’ztoh on mythic. Need Drestagath(main hand), Xanesh(offhand), Vexiona(boots)
Side note: I’m a world champion in Destiny 2 raiding scene, and go for the world first races there when new expac’s drop.

armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... parabellum
Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... parabellum

Resto is main
When you ask me nicely
Ele new spec

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:18 pm 

Officer

I had to delete your smiley emoticon, it's utf8mb4 and the MySQL for this board only supports utf8. I hope this has not significantly altered the meaning of your text. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:03 pm 

Officer

Yes, healing logs are kind of bullshit, and healing is a zero-sum game so focusing on them will only alienate the other healers. But let me speak on:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/mv ... pe=healing

A 98% parse on Wrathion, when there were 4 healers? How does this happen?

With the cooperation of the dps, who let 10 pillars stay up and dot the whole raid; who also let the fight go on forever; and with the help of the other 3 healers not stepping up to cover the damage.

A poor parse can be caused by a lot of things; a good parse can be the result of collusion (intentionally taking extra damage, or the other healers holding back.)

But sometimes a good parse shows that a bad team would have wiped if you weren't there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:59 pm 
Peon
Toons: Parabellum

Yup, people died and left up a lot of pillars so it becomes a lot of free healing to be had. Glad to see the logs being analyzed, i love it!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:12 pm 
Peon
Toons: Parabellum

Also here's a pic of my UI in game for resto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:14 pm 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

Hi looks good. Lots of Elvui junkies in the guild.

Yeah some of us are log nerds. I have so many spreadsheets I’ve made through progression bosses tracking metrics.
But as we talked last night, I focus on avoidable damage taken as my primary focus in addition to positioning as almost always that’s what causes us pain and suffering. :lol:

ImageImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15