It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:38 pm

Post subject: Nreth's Application
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:16 pm 
Peon
Toons: Nreth

Hello all,

Name's Zach and I'm 28 years old. The days of forum applications are gone for most guilds (and those are days I actually miss) so I'm happy to be filling this out. A bit about myself first: I'm an IT Systems Admin for a steel processing plant. I work Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm. I'm technically on-call 24/7 but it's rare that I get called in the evenings. There may also be times I need to work on the weekends for IT projects, but normally we do those things on Saturday and I don't believe there were any days last year where I had to work on a Sunday evening. I also go to the gym 7 days a week; on work days I go directly after work and on weekends I go in the afternoon. In the Summer and Fall I play softball in a co-ed ASA league on the weekends so I drop the gym on the weekend in lieu of that.

For my WoW history: I've been playing since BC, but was super casual until ToT in MoP. I started out on private servers but joined retail in WotLK. I played Paladin until WotlK where I switched to DK. I played DK all the way until the start of MoP. I decided in MoP that I'd like to actually start raiding so dropped everything and rerolled on a new server (Emerald Dream) where I joined a fairly casual guild where we progressed through Normal ToT (this was before Mythic, so what would be equivalent to Heroic now). I had been DPS my entire WoW career, but to be honest, I was never good at it. I was playing a Ret Paladin in this casual guild, but a Thunderforged Int sword dropped off a boss and no one could use it so I ended up getting it. Shortly after, a couple healers in the group decided to quit so a void was left for a healer in the group. Because I got that sword, I decided to try my hand at healing. Something clicked and I quickly learned healing was my calling and I was quite good at it. To think, something as simple as getting a Thunderforged sword no one needed would forever change my future in WoW....

We ended up downing Lei Shen on Normal shortly before Siege, which was a big accomplishment for me and the guild. We started progression in Siege of Orgrimmar but I quickly learned the guild wouldn't be able to progress, and heroic would never be an option. It was that point that I left and started my Heroic(Mythic) raiding career. Since then I've raided mythic, taking breaks every once in a while. I'll always be grateful to that guild for getting me started on my path.

My main characters have all been healers. My original character in BC was a Paladin named Nreth so I normally go by Nreth in most games. I haven't played much BfA (quit the day Uldir came out and came back a couple months ago) so can't really say I have a "main" in BfA. But here's my healers (have every class at at least 100):
Nreth - Emerald Dream: Paladin
Thousandfist - Emerald Dream: Monk
Divictis - Emerald Dream: Druid
Nethriss - Area 52: Shaman
Ulitharid - Area 52: Priest

For authentication, my account is secure and has 2FA using the Blizzard Authenticator.

Haiku time:
The computer beeps
It's broken but I don't fear
My bat fixes all

Post subject: Re: Nreth's Application
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:32 pm 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

Hehe yeah it seems most guilds have moved to google sheets applications. We like to be consistent over the years :)

Been a pleasure to talk to you this week. Looking forward to playing with ya too!

ImageImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:44 pm 

Officer
Toons: Spirulina

Hit me up for an invite when you're situated - Applesauces can find me if I'm not currently on my main :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:43 pm 

Officer
Toons: Spirulina

Invited, welcome!