|Code of Conduct
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||kaligaran [ Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:56 pm ]|
|Post subject:||Code of Conduct|
This Code of Conduct is not intended to address every issue. Use common sense. If you have no common sense, ask for help, or buy some at the AH.
1. We pride ourselves on honesty and fair play. If you follow this rule, you really don't need any other rules.
2. Don't make the guild look bad. We have a good reputation, don't spoil it. That includes making asinine posts on public forums, being a constant irritant in server chat channels, being unfair (see #1) with loot distribution on runs, or cheating. Having a good reputation is important to us, and benefits everyone in the guild.
3. Don't be greedy (see #1). We have been generous with each other since this guild was founded. People who abide by this have made friends, friends get more instance runs, and everyone benefits. Don't be a loot whore. Don't beg. Don't ask for loans in guild chat.
4. Maturity counts. We do not have age restrictions, but this is a mature guild. If you can't get along in a mature manner, expect to hear from an officer. We don't shell out our $15 a month to babysit other people's maladjusted children, so don't be one. While some joking around is fun, know when to quit.
5. Share with others, and this includes your precious gaming time. Help staff guild runs when you can. Fill in when runs lose a player. If you only go on a run when there's something in it for you, how can you expect to get help from others? We enhance our reputation when a pick-up-group loses a member, and someone from our guild can find a replacement and finish the run.
6. Keep the profanity and l33t-speak on guild chat down to a dull roar. Everyone enjoys a good joke now and then but don't make an ass of yourself with constant streams of foul language. Nobody is impressed.
7. Racist comments are not tolerated, in guild chat, forums, server channels, or anywhere else. The same goes for comments regarding people's religious preferences, gender, or sexual orientation. Besides, describing things as "gay" all the time simply makes it clear to everyone that you are a 13-year-old boy. See #4.
8. Do not harass other players. People who do this will be asked to leave or kicked out if necessary. "Camping" enemies is acceptable PVP, though we prefer you reserve this for people who deserve it. Sending harassing tells is unacceptable. If people in the guild are having to put you on their ignore lists, you'd better fix your problem and apologize while you're at it.
9. Do not inquire as to other players' gender or orientation. If they want you to know, they'll tell you.
10. Understand the basics governing loot distribution. If you're in an instance run and a problem develops, please contact an officer. We can often help resolve disputes fairly. See the raid forum for tips regarding loot distribution. Never roll "need" on something with the intention of selling it, ever. See #1. See # 3. See #4.
11. We have generally made a practice of giving away items, but never money. People in this guild have often given away useful blues to guildies, and have sold epics to each other at steep discounts. Don't beg items off people, however. If senior members want to pass on items, that's up to them. You'll find that generosity is a two-way street. If you're always getting and never giving, "it ain't gonna last." See #3. There's certainly no rule against individuals loaning money to each other, but don't go around asking for handouts. We generally give away items, we don't hand out free money. We have no mount fund. Earn it. While the higher-level characters will set up raids to help get drops for others, do not expect people to "rush" you through instances on a regular basis, or "power-level" your character.
12. Multi-playing accounts is against the Bliz' usage agreement. In general, this is between you an Bliz. However: You are responsible for your character's conduct. If you let your "friend" level your account, and they ninja an epic, it's the same to us as if you did it. We've heard the "it wasn't me, it was my friend/brother/dog" story too many times.Also - if you are going to loan out your character for any end-game instance, you had damn well better clear it with raid lead. People who have someone else playing their account to leach DKP (if applicable) will at minimum lose their points, and may be booted from the guild. If for some reason you do get permission from raid lead to have someone play your account (you need to hit the restroom on a 6 hour MC run), you are still responsible for their conduct. They ninja, your fault. Got it? Good.
13. While we auto-invite alts of any player in the guild, we are not an 'alt guild'. What this means is that if you leave on your main, we will remove your alts. If you are going to remove an alt from the guild to join a friend's guild, it is expected that you simply say something in guild before you gquit to let them know as a courtesy. Ideally ping an officer so there's no confusion in your actions.
14. If a player is no longer in the guild and wishes to re-join, a new application is required. An officer vote will happen in a timely manner and we will respond on the application with the result. Players that left in good standing are generally approved.
15. No politics in guild channels (discord, gchat, raid chat, etc) please.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 4 hours|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group