Post subject: Drexl's Application
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:39 pm 
Peon
Toons: Drexl

A tank from long ago
Took a break to sail the world
Returns home once more

Name: Sean
Characters: Drexl [H] Prot Pally - Magtheridon (will server change if accepted), Drexl [A] Prot Pally Shu'halo
Account is 2FA with iPhone app
B.net: Sean#16731

TL;DR
Experienced Prot Pally looking to join and available for heroics/M+/casual raiding (eventually)

I was a Human Rogue in vanilla playing with friends and a member of the guilds low end raid team. With the launch of BC I faction swapped to Horde and created a Prot Pally Blood Elf who became the main tank for my raiding guild throughout BC and almost all of WotLK. I quit Warcraft the week before Arthas launched in ICC for 10 years to focus on my career in the Navy and my relationship. On November 11th I came back to WoW with the intention of playing with those same real life friends who I have known for 10-30 years. They all play Alliance and my Alliance Paladin recently joined a new guild to allow me to raid - unfortunately they have their tanks in place so my role is going to be DPS until such time as my gear is high enough that they can sub me in as needed. I have very little desire to play anything other than Protection but I do find this game is most enjoyable in dungeons/raids so I do what I must.

I'm looking for a home for my previous main (and if I'm being honest my favorite character) where I can be useful in my preferred role. I don't mind running heroics and I have been spending my time since hitting 120 working my way into M+ dungeons via the LFG functions. I am single with a dog so my responsibilities after work include walking her and getting in some cuddles. This leaves me plenty of time to manage 2 characters at similar gear levels. I realize my ilvl is likely too low for the new raid on N/H but I'd be happy to work on it with the eventual hope of making the casual squad ranks (their raid days/times are ideal for me as I am in Atlantic Canada and my Alliance guild runs Friday/Saturday)

Thanks for your consideration,

Glory to the Sin'dorei
Drexl

Post subject: Re: Drexl's Application
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:10 pm 

Officer
Toons: Tandarin

Hi Drexl,

Thank you for giving us a look. As the leader of our casual raiding group, we're already set for tanks currently so I wouldn't be able to promise you more than what your alliance guild is giving you unfortunately. DPSing while being a back-up tank is always needed but it sounds like you aren't crazy about that idea. As far as the small groups that run M+, we're always happy to have another tank to add there. I would like to offer you a tag-along invite to one of our raids to see our raid group dynamic and if you'd like to join our guild, but given the choice of role needed, I understand if you want to look elsewhere.

Tandy

I haven't slept for 3 days...because that would be too long. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:43 pm 
Peon

Thanks for the quick reply Tandarin,

I didn't think you'd have any raid spots available and was expecting to play the long game of M+ runs and occasional LFR's while building friendships and proving I could do the job. Would I be able to send you a message on B.net to ask a couple questions?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:50 pm 

Officer

Sent you a friend request now.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:57 pm 
Peon

A decision made
A less than ideal fit chafes
I have no regrets

Good evening Crossbones,

A few months back I spoke with Tandarin about the possibility of me joining the guild - at the time my intention was to raid on both my Alliance Paladin and my Horde. After discussing it with him I decided that doing that wouldn't be fair to myself or either of the guilds I was trying to help be a part of. Because I already had some friends in the Alliance guild I chose them. Since then I've been lucky enough to become their Main Tank, I've gotten AOTC and Keymaster and I made some great friends. However, the guild structure and goals isn't a great fit for me. I play to raid, it is what I enjoy and, while we have had some success in the current raid tier, it isn't as structured as I would prefer. I like start times, food/flask requirements. I like playing with people who don't settle for good enough but who are constantly trying to improve. While there are some who fit that description, they are far outweighed by those who do not. That's fine, people play for different reasons and in different ways.

I had been considering re-applying here for some time and in anticipation of it I've already moved my Horde Paladin to Burning Legion. If you have space for a Prot Paladin who loves to run dungeons and raids I'd be honored to try out for you guys. I realize your rosters are likely set for the remainder of BFA but I am thinking long term, I want to have myself in a home where the core values align with my own and I believe CB is it. Maybe with some effort I can find a raid spot in Shadowlands (or at the least act as a back up for your tanks)

For now I'd like to join (if accepted) with my Horde toon but if the atmosphere is what I suspect it is after lurking on the forums and my conversation all those months ago with Tandarin, then transferring my Alliance Paladin over would definitely be in t he cards.

I realize I've written a book here so I'll wrap it up. If you have space for me I'd be thrilled but I'll also understand if you're full. While I can't go back in time and make the other choice maybe, with a little luck, I can get a second chance to find that home.

Here is my raider.io and wowlogs for my Alliance Paladin
https://raider.io/characters/us/shuhalo/Drexl
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/shuhalo/drexl

Here is my raider.io for my Horde Paladin
https://raider.io/characters/us/burning-legion/Drexl

Thanks for your time,

Drexl

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 5:51 pm 

Officer

Message me next time you are on and I'll send you an invite.