It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:17 pm

Post subject: Webpagehopperorama
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm 

Tauren

This post is the central repository for all things that need to be done regarding the most awesome www.shadowstrikers.org webpage. I will be spending time over the next four weeks making small and large changes here and there.

All officer requests will be given priority, all normal member requests will be denied, then secretly implemented at a later date and I will claim they were my idea.

ANYONE may post anything here and I will think about it. I am committed to continuing hosting and making changes from time to time because:
1) It is good practice for me.
2) I'm nice.
3) You guys are nice.
4) In the foggy days of yesteryore Oxtung bandaged me in Molten Core saving me and the entire raid from a wipe for which I am enternally grateful to this day. That moment changed my life, and thus I return the favour simply because it is the least I can do to repay that debt.

Please post stuff and I will add it to the master list.

MASTER LIST:
Work Item: 1
Requested by: Kaligaran
Detail: Access to editing the front page for making much nicer and prettier and easier for informations.

Work Item: 2a
Detail: Addition of 25 Man EQDKP to website for allowing of tallying of statistics from raids and furthering of epeeningness.

Work Item: 2b
Detail: Addition of 10 Man EQDKP to website for allowing of tallying of statistics from raids and furthering of epeeningness.

Work Item: 3
Requested by: All Members
Detail: Fixing of Guild Roster section to more accurately do what it is supposed to do.

Work Item: 4
Requested by: All Members
Detail: Fixing of information beside Avatar to be working more better especially if people leavesess the guildness.

Work Item: 5
Requested by: Crosshairs, Jerry, Darth
Detail: Fixing of itemstats to correclty reflect all loot.

Last edited by Droogan on Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:50 am, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:18 pm 

Officer

Regarding request 2.

The most amount of trouble keeping hacks/keyloggers away dome and i had resolved around the eqdkp pages we supported.

Just a heads up since you are in research mode.

[[Cross:Wudang:Matahari:Crosshairs:Trevark]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:25 pm 

Blademaster

Crosshairs wrote:
The most amount of trouble keeping hacks/keyloggers away dome and i had resolved around the eqdkp pages we supported

does this make sense to anyone? if so can you translate it into english?

[[Coward:Jerryatric:Peteyatric]]Coward - 83 Prot Warrior
Jerryatric - 72 Marks Hunter
Peteyatric - 70 Holy Priest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:27 pm 

Tauren

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I think before anything I will strip the EQDKP code down and rebuild some sections so it is more secure and less hackable. I did that with this version of phpBB and it seems to have helped. Maybe I can even get my coding skill up to 375 if I do that.

BTW weren't most of the problems from a few years ago because Dome would get rip roaring drunk and than try to add DKP to his character at 3am and usually ended up deleting the database?

Edit: Hi Jerry!

---

Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:29 pm 

Officer

Jerryatric wrote:
Crosshairs wrote:
The most amount of trouble keeping hacks/keyloggers away dome and i had resolved around the eqdkp pages we supported

does this make sense to anyone? if so can you translate it into english?

It's Canadian.

[[Cross:Wudang:Matahari:Crosshairs:Trevark]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:30 pm 

Blademaster

hi droog! do you ever plan on firing up wow again or just hanging out on the forums?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:11 pm 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

So BoN uses EQDKP and has for a while. They swear that if we keep on-top of the security updates that come out often, we shouldn't be a problem. The hackers apparently are using known exploits that people have failed to update on their sites.

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:26 pm 

Blademaster

The r0mat1c hack3r pwned us for a long time back then.

Achievement Earned! Attend a guild party in real life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:38 pm 

Officer

So that everyone is aware of the home page improvements that I have requested, it would be to have a section for the schedules that is not part of the ‘front page news’. So we don’t have to copy paste the schedules with links into a post, it would auto-populate from the titles in the schedules section. If any news is posted, I have to copy/paste/delete/repost to keep bumping up the schedules post to be at the top of the page.
In addition, we would be able to minimize the front page news section. So instead of having the full article on the home page, we could have the headline which would only appear. So if we have news that is a paragraph (like the current 2 kara group post) it wouldn’t take up so much home page real estate.

We also have the cool little logo on the home page with our WowJitsu guild rank. This is currently in the same post as the schedules which is on front-age news.

The ‘all about guildie’ on the side shows everyone that has an account on the site instead of just our guildies (ie old guildies are there). So this is being updated.

By the way, Droog is our best inactive guildie. Instead of just spamming the forums when he’s taking a wow-break he actually does awesome useful things, like this website. Yes Darth, this was definitely a slam on you. :orcass:

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:40 pm 

Tauren

Jerryatric wrote:
hi droog! do you ever plan on firing up wow again

Most likely not. One of the schools I do tech support for came to me a couple months ago and asked if I would head a team of 2 teachers and 10 students on a trip to their sister school in South Africa and help build a computer lab, and train teachers and students to use it. I'm pretty busy right now getting all the planning done to source 35 computers, network supplies, server, etc from a local shop in South Africa, and get it all to the school on time.

---

Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:48 pm 

Officer

Droogan wrote:
Jerryatric wrote:
hi droog! do you ever plan on firing up wow again

Most likely not. One of the schools I do tech support for came to me a couple months ago and asked if I would head a team of 2 teachers and 10 students on a trip to their sister school in South Africa and help build a computer lab, and train teachers and students to use it. I'm pretty busy right now getting all the planning done to source 35 computers, network supplies, server, etc from a local shop in South Africa, and get it all to the school on time.

And he still has time for our little guild website for a game he never plays. Now this is grounds for 'inactive guildie of the year'!!!

Droog, I'll send you my phone number, perhaps I can help with maintenance on the site as well.

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:08 am 

Blademaster

kaligaran wrote:
Droog, I'll send you my phone number

Great, now Nero is gonna cut down Droog while he's sleeping.

Achievement Earned! Attend a guild party in real life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:29 pm 

Blademaster

i see a dkp link at the top of the page!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:00 pm 

Officer

Jerryatric wrote:
i see a dkp link at the top of the page!!!

I have access, I'll be converting our ugly post format to this ASAP!

ImageImage

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:39 pm 

Tauren

25 man up, 10 man should be tomorrow.

Are you comfortable with the term 25 Man? I can degenderize it if you would like. Canadians are sensitive to these things.

25 Toon DKP? 25 Person DKP? 25 Horde? DKP-25? Let me know and I'll change the link.