It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Teamspeak 3 server
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:34 pm 

Officer
Toons: Spirulina

We have a Teamspeak 3 server now, try it out:

ts3.crossbonesguild.org:9987

Same password as vent (see the guild info tab in-game)

Post subject: Re: Teamspeak 3 server
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:33 am 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

Bookmark our server and auto-connect on TS3 startup:
Once connected, go to the Bookmarks menu at the top of the application.
Click "Add to Bookmarks"
Click "Manage Bookmarks", click the 'more' button then check the 'Connect on Startup' box at the bottom left.

To setup push to talk:
Settings -> Options -> Hotkeys

To have it play a sound when you push to talk:
Settings -> Options -> Playback - checkbox at the bottom that says "Own client plays mic clicks"

To disable messages when people join/leave the server or channel (and many other options):

Settings -> Options -> Notifications -> Client - just go in and uncheck what you don't want.

In Game Overlay:
In the TS3 client click the red dog head icon at the top and install Overwolf. (Personally I don't care for it but you may like it.)

Custom Skins:
Settings -> Options -> Design -> then click the 'Get more stylesheets & icons' link. It will take you to their forums and you can download skins (at your own risk) if you want.
Here's a google doc for some skins that somebody made - previews on the page. Thanks Volgna for finding it.

To change icons:
Open the folder \TeamSpeak 3 Client\gfx\Simplex and you can change/edit icons as you wish.

Logitech G-Key Plugin:
http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/a ... lugin.html

How to set an avatar:
Right click on your name and click 'Set Avatar'.

TS3 is very customizable. A few of us spent hours in TS3 this evening to play with it. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have. :)

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:42 pm 

Officer

A big thank you to Spir for not only owning/paying for our vent server for the years.

Also thank you for setting up our TS3 server and not banning me for changing all the server stuff after you had already set it up. :D

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:15 am 

Officer

As mentioned previously, TS3 is rather customizable.

Here's an example of mine with very minimal changes.

I am using the blue/black skin from the link in my previous post, have flags of origin turned on and also have set my avatar.

ImageImage

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]