It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:48 am 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

Make everyone's volume match in vent without having to adjust them individually:
http://www.typefrag.com/ventrilo/tutori ... alization/

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:13 am 

Peon
Toons: Arctodus

If you were like me, prior to setting up normalization you had per user special effects setup for lots of people.
Rather than have to wait for each of them to get in vent and remember to remove them, you can quickly zap them all with a text file edit.
You're looking for a file called 'ventrilo2.ini'
On my Windows 7 install it was located in the user application data folder here:
C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE>\AppData\Roaming
or it may be here
C:\Users\<YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE>\AppData\Local
(Note: if you don't see the Application Data folder, you'll need to go to Start->Control Panel->Folder Options and select the View tab. Then select the radio button that says 'Show hidden files, folders, and drives').

This will likely differ on newer/older windows installs. Anyway, open that up with notepad or similar text editor and scroll to the bottom where you should see a bunch of blocks of script that look like this:
Code:
[USER_0_SERVER_3_NAMEPREF_0]

Name=kali
Mute=1
Sfx=
PrvChatLocSize=0,0,0,0
OverlayImage=
GamepanelColorImage=

[USER_0_SERVER_3_NAMEPREF_1]

Name=symba
Mute=0
Sfx=Func=1,0.700;
PrvChatLocSize=0,0,0,0
OverlayImage=
GamepanelColorImage=

There should be one for each user you had a special effect for. Just highlight and delete these lines, save the file, and then re-launch vent. You should now be special effects free.

NOTE : I recommend making a copy/backup of this file prior to editing it in case you mess something up. Vent would probably recreate it for you with defaults, but that sucks so make a backup to be safe.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:17 pm 

Grunt
Toons: Naad

someone has tested this ? because this has been around for a while and its never truly worked for me.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:17 pm 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

Bishnu wrote:
someone has tested this ? because this has been around for a while and its never truly worked for me.

Yeah I remember doing it a few years ago with no success. About 5 of us did it last night and it worked perfectly.

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:02 pm 

Grunt
Toons: Volgna

Just a note about this not working.

You have to have direct sound enabled or a device that supports direct sound. This uses a compressor which is fancy sound guy terms... so you need something fancy that supports it. It was doing nothing when piped through my speakers because they are on the shitty onboard sound thats on the motherboard.

But it works perfectly on my fancy headset because it supports directsound. Just a note.

-Volg

"Holy crap I have goblin bewbz"

Praise unto Kali :pray: