It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am

Post subject: Moved server
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:54 am 

Officer
Toons: Spirulina

If anything is odd or missing, please let me know.

Jack had a request to update the templates - I can certainly look into that, is there any particular feature to look for?

Post subject: Re: Moved server
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:01 am 

Officer

btw, though the template was initially created in 2005, the version on this site was updated 8/30/2012.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:10 pm 
Peon

i guess updating is the wrong term. maybe a newer more stylish template. I dont know, im weird. the clan website that i had a couple years ago i changed the template like once a year.

here is just an example of one i found yesterday searching for templates

http://www.thefabled.net/

just a food for thought since you were looking for suggestions. :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:27 pm 

Head Hunter

Spirulina wrote:
btw, though the template was initially created in 2005, the version on this site was updated 8/30/2012.

Tbh, if Dex hadn't updated the site for MoP, I'd dare say we'd still have the old template. While I did like it, something tells me that template that was used before probably was so out of date it didn't have support anymore. Updating to something new every once in a while isn't really such a bad thing to do.

I'm a good healer!

Kraken riding a Dragon

"What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest."

-Random Post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:14 am 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

Vyndir wrote:
Spirulina wrote:

Tbh, if Dex hadn't updated the site for MoP, I'd dare say we'd still have the old template. While I did like it, something tells me that template that was used before probably was so out of date it didn't have support anymore. Updating to something new every once in a while isn't really such a bad thing to do.

I think you guys are talking about two different things. It sounds like some are talking about the 'look' of the site while others are talking about the underlying script.

So this thread is about technical stuff. Do you see/did you find any bugs.

And yes, our previous server admin (from back in SS days up until last April) didn't have time to keep the site updated. In fact, he (Droogan) had even stopped playing WoW a couple of years prior. Regardless, the fact that he hosted our site for so long was extremely appreciated.

Glad our site is back in house. I'm sure we'll be updating the look for WoD.

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:19 pm 

Officer

Vyndir wrote:
Spirulina wrote:

Saying that Dex updated the old template is so greatly minimizing what he did for the site - upgraded to phpBB3, incidentally upgraded the template, hacked all the various undocumented mods back into the template, then undid some of the upgraded template because tiny fonts are pretty, but really not good for regular use... but yes, he did update the template. Which is not so easy on a site that's had so many doodads hung onto it over the years.

Thanks, Dex!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:26 pm 

Officer

Bug #1 - our home page is gone. It goes straight into the forums index. Is that working as intended?

The other things I have on my wishlist for the site that were lost during the upgrade a year ago:
- Get the graphic back up on the home page that shows realm 1st guild level 25.
- Add the calendar widget to the home page for WoL.
- Also, we lost all the descriptions and author's name to the gallery images. I'd love to get that back if possible. I assume this line item will be very difficult if even possible at all.

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:29 pm 

Officer

BTW Spir, love the new icon that we have for the site, the skull!

I would ask if we could get a jolly roger to go along with our guild name but I think that would be hard to see due to the size.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:02 am 

Officer

kaligaran wrote:

I would ask if we could get a jolly roger to go along with our guild name but I think that would be hard to see due to the size.

It's a skull and crossbones - i guess i need to lighten the bones a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:54 am 

Officer

Spirulina wrote:
kaligaran wrote:

It's a skull and crossbones - i guess i need to lighten the bones a bit.

I see it now. 8)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:53 am 
Blademaster

i am slow jsut noticed that.