It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:16 pm

Post subject: How to get on the PTR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:24 am 

Peon

Ive been able to get on the PTR in the past, now for some reason i cant figure out how. I click on the Public test button on the wow screen and it takes me to the WoW site to dowload the PTR client. So i click on PC and save it to my computer.

Then when i go to the Public test button again it takes me to the same thing. Ive tried saving/running it multiple times and it always gives me the same patch over over, which is patch WoW-3.0.1.8874-PTR-US.

So im wondering what am i doing wrong? Do i have to save it to a specific place, like somewhere in my WoW folder, which i have tried. Or is it just bugged for me or something. So all you people on the PTR and who have done it, please help me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:23 am 

Bat Rider

It should be put in a completely different directory, such as wowptr or something. Then you have to click on the shortcut that is associated with that wow folder and not the other one. I've had problems with this as well but that seems to work for me every time I update and play on the ptr.

Btw i copied all my premade characters last night so I'll probably be on testng the new bg with my decked out warlock. On both servers. Name is the same

[[Neelix:Fistycups:Finalchaos]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:04 pm 

Peon

Thanks for the help chaos, but now i have a new problem.

So i did all that and now when i click on public test realm is acually opens it. When i try to logging, it starts dowloading a patch and says i need to update, which i click ok to. Then when the update starts, it says this download is not authorized. So i cant go any further. Is it because the new patch isnt on PTR yet, or did i do something wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:12 pm 

Bat Rider

You did everything right. The patch was just released a few hours ago so give it a whirl again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:22 pm 

Peon

Its making me download WoW-0.1.2-enUS-patch.exe...

Is that what you are getting? Ive been reading the tech support forums, and some people say its just the PTR not being up, other says its vista which i have, other people are getting to 10% downloads or even 70% before they get the not authorized message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:36 pm 

Bat Rider

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.htm ... 7409&sid=1

There's our answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:42 pm 

Peon

Ah ok, guess we just have to wait now.