It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 am

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:50 pm 

Head Hunter

Great Job Guys! That fight took a lot of teamwork and coordination but we took him down!

Thanks to Deaf and Butters for subbing in on our kill :D

I'm a good healer!

Kraken riding a Dragon

"What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest."

-Random Post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:54 pm 

Officer
Toons: Spirulina

Grats!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:58 pm 

Shaman
Toons: Bulldexter Puon

Good job everyone! Nice dps, nice healing, nice tanking, good usage of raid and personal cds, that was great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:54 am 
Peon

dex plz put the video up on youtube when you can

olo amigo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:47 am 

Shaman

calvotims wrote:
dex plz put the video up on youtube when you can

I don't believe you seriously asked for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 am 

Shaman

Sorry for the laggy frames, there is something wrong with my computer. I guess I will have to format it before Wednesday.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/oxYUdGfYv64[/youtube]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:15 am 
Peon

its interesting that recount/skada doesnt count the peoples dps who phase out. me and patron were talking about that yesterday but you could clearly see it on dexs. lol.

olo amigo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:28 pm 
Peon

We had the same issue in Ruby Sanctum....and it never did display correctly. You might have to upload 2 different parses in order to get the proper data.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:36 pm 
Witch Doctor

Yeah, ours does the same thing. I am in the Spirit World the entire fight, and it logs me and a million more overall dmg done than anyone else.

This is an absurdly fun fight for an aflock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:48 pm 

Head Hunter

This fight is fun but brutal on the healers. I know it took me a few wipes to find the best way to heal people both in and out of the spirit realm. A little luck with crits and Divine Purpose goes a long way on fights like this. I don't care what people say, I'll stick by using divine purpose as holy. It may be a proc chance ability but in my experience, when it does proc it usually results in multiple procs in a row...which has proven to be very useful.

I'm a good healer!

Kraken riding a Dragon

"What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest."

-Random Post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:15 pm 
Peon

a partial solution to the damage output would be for better gear on the tanks. if they take less voodoo dolls take much less. and faster dps in the S.W. would make it easier, but i think we have it right now

olo amigo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:41 pm 

Head Hunter

calvotims wrote:
a partial solution to the damage output would be for better gear on the tanks. if they take less voodoo dolls take much less. and faster dps in the S.W. would make it easier, but i think we have it right now

From a healer standpoint, voodoo doll damage wasn't a big problem to heal up. It was when the adds got out of control that was when problems occurred. Both Dex and Vamp did a great job in proactively using their cd's to mitigate voodoo damage. All in all, our last attempt was the cleanest first kill I've ever seen; I was impressed.

I'm a good healer!

Kraken riding a Dragon

-Random Post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:23 am 
Peon

yea the last attempt the doll damage was mitigated well. for the longest time tho the doll damage was uncontrollable. i was poppin cookies and almost had to pop deterence to save myself a few times

olo amigo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:02 pm 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

Grats!

Definitly a fun fight. We got about 3 hours in on him and it took the first 2 just to get the dance moves down right.

Seems like the frenzy phase is crazy! I think we got to 28ish% so not yet seen it.

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:11 pm 

Head Hunter

The extra damage that gara'jal does in frenzy is minimal compared to the adds since both healers are out. Our goal going into frenzy is to have as few adds alive as possible. To do this, @ 30-35% when the totem pops we send in our 1 healers and 2 dps. The two dps clear out as many adds as possible and get out. Then we lust, ignore any new totems and burn him as fast as possible. You are more likely to die in the frenzy phase due to too many adds rather than the voodoo itself so entering that phase with as few adds alive is key to survival.

I'm a good healer!

Kraken riding a Dragon

-Random Post