It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:54 am

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:41 pm 

Shaman
Toons: Bulldexter Puon

Nice job guys! The strat really worked well for our group, even though we have only 2 ranged dps.

And thanks to the russian guy from love2playwow, who taught me how to make the group avoid the shockwave :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:54 am 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

Grats guys! We tried ship tonight for the first time. Would love to hear your strat if it varied from teh normal.

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:08 am 

Shaman

I don't know what the normal is, but here it goes.

I did a live streaming of everything, the kill is at 37m40s. Nevermind the terrible quality, and the fact that we are speaking portuguese. It's the first time I did a stream and I still need to find the right quality. http://en.twitch.tv/andredex/b/303014116

Phase 1

Positioning - We had tanks and melee standing in purple marker, Black in the red marker, Gardenal in the green marker and Keyra in the blue marker. When a twilight barrage (little purple balls) is going to hit the ship, me and Sparthy help green and blue. When is going to hit red, Deaf or Jhzamjin go there. The ranged are free to dps the dragons. No one should be taking care of the yellow marker, cause we aimed for 3/4 of the ship, and it was enough.

Dreadblades/Slayers - I got Slayers in first and third waves, Sparthy got Dreadblades in first and third waves, we swap them in the second wave.

Dragons - The locks got them.

Sapper - With our positioning, we just need to do some aoe until he appears, then Broopen stay behind purple marker, Death Grip the sapper, and kill him alone, no one else should dps the sapper, unless you are cleaving.

Cooldowns - Try to make some raid cooldown assignments for each Onslaught, like Divine Guardian, Ralying Cry, Barrier, Aura Mastery and so on.

After 8 attempts we got phase 1, it's less chaotic if you have designated things to kill and positions to stand in.

Phase 2

Positioning - Locks on Goriona, Blackhorn tanked in the middle, healers spreaded.

Shockwave - This is really difficult to avoid if you are a ranged. The tip is to stay 10+ yards from the boss to avoid disrupting roar, but get close to him right before he uses Shockwave. This way is ridiculous, you can avoid all of them.

Vengeance - Since he hits like a fuckin truck on the end of the fight, we lusted at around 50-60% left on his health, when Goriona was already gone. The tank rotation was Sparthy (1), Dex (2), Sparthy (3) and Dex (4), and he died. In the second, third and fourth "phase", we rotated cooldowns to survive,

Phase 2 took us 4 or 5 attempts breaking our skulls on the walls, then we got the right way to handle Shockwave and Vengeance. With 2 or 3 attempts we killed him.

I will be always streaming on that link, if any you are bored and want to watch, you are welcome.

Last edited by andredex on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:28 am 

Shaman

Correction, we swaped tanks 5 times in phase 2, I got the sixth one. I used Shield Wall at 4 and Last Stand at 6 (along with trinkets).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:02 pm 

Officer

We got him down too last night. We ended up lusting when the third drop of adds come on us to ensure we burned everything down before the ship blew up.

[[Cross:Wudang:Matahari:Crosshairs:Trevark]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:33 pm 
Peon

Sounds like a pretty good point to lust at; we tended to have 3-4 adds up by that point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:35 pm 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

We got like 5ish attempts in last night but it was really just learning how to not face roll it like LFR.

In fact, it took me like 3 attempts before I finally saw teh little sapper bastards running across the deck.

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:47 pm 
Witch Doctor

Our biggest problem was keeping the rogue alive. Her generally started out dead. I think he is nonundead for his race?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:30 am 
Peon

We used lust on last phase, the damage increases a lot in the end, we had no problems at all with adds in p1, no need for a lust.

We were wiping a lot on p1 because the ship was dying to the numerous pink bombs. Once we got that right, we were easily getting to p2. Also make sure the sapper doesn't damage the ship, dk's death grip dk was working fine (i also put some dots on him to help killing him if i had a chance). And for p2 our deaths were mostly healers/ranged to shockwave (it becomes a HUGE cone, there was no way to run from it).

I liked this fight a lot, very dynamic, target switching, stun, stack, spread, run, burn... did it as affliction, good fight to use soul swap and multi-dot targets to help the others. I already talked to bloodykisses about the fight, but any other tips you guys need just ask one of us and good luck on next attempts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:35 pm 
Witch Doctor

Yeah, aflock was awesome for that fight. I owned the meters.