It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:46 pm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:54 am 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

Some of you may not know that <Crossbones> was the results of a merger of two large guilds (<Shadow Strikers> and <Brothers of Night>) both of which had been around since February 2005.
After joint raiding for 3 years under the code name SSBoN, we made the decision last September to merge in order to take advantage of the guild perks that were introduced with Cata.
Crossbones Trivia: our guild name was chosen due to having SSBoN in the name: croSSBoNes

None of the <Crossbones> 'management' ever doubted it was the right choice but after seeing the guild really come together and achieve our Realm First Level 25... I can't put into words how proud I am of our guild and the community that we have formed.

We are #1 in guild leveling, #16 in 10m (#19 in 10/25) PVE progression, and #2 in guild cheesements.

I think I can speak for us all when I say, thank you to everyone involved and all guildies for being part and contributing to our guild's continued success.

edited to fix spelling error.... FOR CROSSBONES!

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

Last edited by kaligaran on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:01 am 

Officer
Toons: Spirulina

For Crossbones!!!

And let's get that guild achievements ranking to #1!

Post subject: /emo
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:05 am 

Grunt

Ya I was thinking that we've come a long way since the merge which is why I personally chasing the realm first so hard. Nothing says success like hundreds of haters. /Hugs.

Toons:
[[Azztres:Azzlizious:Azz:Azzyazzborne]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:17 pm 
Grunt

And wow, there were some haters last night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:30 pm 

Officer

I guess my name was spammed as part of the realm notification. I got 99% grats. I got one Og dude all capsing me with '&^%* YOU N*&^@R

[[Cross:Wudang:Matahari:Crosshairs:Trevark]]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:45 pm 

Blademaster

too bad your profanity filter was on. now you will never know what he really said to you.

[[Coward:Jerryatric:Peteyatric]]Coward - 83 Prot Warrior
Jerryatric - 72 Marks Hunter
Peteyatric - 70 Holy Priest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:52 pm 

Officer
Toons: Kaligaran

Yeah I had some haters too. Also had some whispers of grats (oddly from some of the same guilds that the haters were coming from).

Some Og guy in particular was rather annoying in Org when we all got our mounts and got on the biggest mount he had to stand on us and call us F#%%@&S and NERDS and that we should get a life.

Personally I don't get it. Must be children b/c I have never seen anyone that we play with rag someone out for getting a cheesement in-game.

Ironically most of us are professionals with at least 3 dozen that I know of in software engineering or IT and over a dozen in the video game industry. I love it!

Maybe if they would move out of their parent's basement and get a life they wouldn't get so upset when another guild got a cheesement.

ImageImage

"WoW is all free candy and cookies and cute little pets...and then Kali yelling for hours. Same as it ever was, but with more crazy orcs." - Spirulina 3/15/15

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:54 pm 

Officer

kaligaran wrote:
Some Og guy in particular was rather annoying in Org when we all got our mounts and got on the biggest mount he had to stand on us and call us F#%%@&S and NERDS and that we should get a life.

I took my comment as the one time they get to say back the stupid crap they hear every time they roll through realm first achievements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:56 pm 

Officer

Jerryatric wrote:
too bad your profanity filter was on. now you will never know what he really said to you.

Yeah I haven't turned it off when every time I told you to stop clicking and keyboard turning you would nerd rage at me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:59 pm 

Blademaster

show me documentation that says that keyboard turning isn't the best way to turn.

also, im pretty sure that if your icons are small enough and close together, clicking is better than hotkeys.

:roll:

[[Coward:Jerryatric:Peteyatric]]Coward - 83 Prot Warrior
Jerryatric - 72 Marks Hunter
Peteyatric - 70 Holy Priest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:05 pm 

Peon

kaligaran wrote:
Maybe if they would move out of their parent's basement and get a life they wouldn't get so upset when another guild got a cheesement.

I live in my parents basement :) --- not really

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:08 pm 

Tauren

kaligaran wrote:

Technically I live (and play WoW) in my parent's basement, except that I've owned the house for 13 years, and my mom moved to town the day I moved in.

---

Lighten up while you still can
don't even try to understand
Just find a place to make your stand
and take it easy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:43 pm 

Catapult

Grats!